WHO SHOULD HAVE BRACES?
What can braces do? Braces not only transform your teeth to look beautiful, but it can also correct abnormalities on the teeth and improve its function which will help you live a normal life. The following are conditions that can be corrected using braces. Individuals who need dental care include:
1. Teeth crowding. Teeth crowding is when there is no enough space for all the teeth which makes teeth to protrude, to become crooked which doesn’t look appealing.
2. Individuals with overbite. An overbite can vary but an overbite is usually noticeable when the front teeth stick out much farther than the bottom teeth.
3. Individuals with cross bite. A cross bite is an abnormal bite in which the front upper teeth is behind the lower front teeth, which makes it difficult to chew.
4. Irregular teeth position. The appearance of the teeth in the middle is not consistent.
5. Individuals having spaces in between teeth. It causes difficulty in chewing and food easily gets stuck and at times cause speech problems.
6. Individuals with under bite. This is when all the upper front teeth are behind the lower front teeth. This sign is usually associated with disproportionate jaw size.
7. Individuals with open bite. Open bite is when upper and lower front teeth do not touch. People with this type of teeth loses their self-confidence and do not like to smile. This must be corrected so that it will not affect a person’s self-confidence and social skills.